Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chiffon Patisserie - Lunch Special

I was looking for something easy, something quick, something that wouldn't break the bank and most of all, something not FRIED! Why you may ask...? As a personal challenge from time to time, I take a break from eating fried stuff and burgers for a week and try to eat other items. I LOVE FRIED FOOD! That's for sure but its good to go out and eat other things.

On today's menu is a Lemongrass Pork Sandwich from Chiffon. Chiffon is known at work as the go to place for yummy stuff. It also met all my criteria especially the on not breaking the bank. I had a gift certificate that covered most of the cost. As a lunch special, you get the sandwich and your choice with a soup or a salad.

Lunch Special

The sandwich comes with the lemongrass pork, carrots, lettuce, and some yummy sauce. on your choice of White, Brown, or Multigrain bread. I opted for no cilantro as I do not like it. Maybe one day I will share the story but anyways. The sandwich was good, the meat wasn't dry, and the carrots and lettuce added a good crunch. Something was a little wet in the sandwich, maybe too much sauce or something but it kinda dripped out the other side. No problem for me, but some may not like this.

Lemon Grass Pork Sandwich

For a soup, I had the choice between Cream of Mushroom and French Onion. I hear the french onion is really good, but I LOVE CREAM OF MUSHROOM! Chiffon's take on it is great. It is not too thick and not too runny. Just right.... I add crackers to it and no need for seasoning for me.

Cream of Mushroom Soup

Chiffon has been a popular spot since they opened among those around work. They have really good sweets too. 


Score: 9/10
Chiffon Patisserie on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, John! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/14/11774/Vancouver/John-Ching-Eats.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete