Friday, August 24, 2012

Griffins in the Hotel Vancouver

I have been to Griffins before and liked the food a lot. The food is good but the dessert buffet really is the star of the show here. What prompted my visit this time around was that they have a promotion going on. Click on the link below to view the dinner menu.






I thought sweet deal, this makes the price of things really reasonable. When we got there, they asked us if we had a reservation. I didn't.... my bad. The host told me next time to have a reservation, but the place was empty. After we were seated it took me a bit of time to decide as everything was 50% off I could finally order the nicer things instead of a burger and fries that another table got. I decided on the mixed grill. It included chicken, lamb chop and beef tenderloin, market salad & thick cut onion rings with chimichurri sauce. The steak was alright, but the lamb was nice and tender. I'm not big on lamb but it was very good.



I didn't take any pictures of the dessert buffet as I only picked up two items. For $17 it was a good deal for a nicer place than your regular chain restaurants.
Griffins on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/180763/restaurant/Downtown/Griffins-Vancouver

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/14/11774/Vancouver/John-Ching-Eats.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete